Friday 18 January 2013


New Year 2013



 - saw is on a little 'tiki tour' up North of Auckland; up through Dargaville and following the Kaipara coastline through the Waipoua Forest on a visit to see Tane Mahuta and Te Matua Ngahere - two of NZ's largest ancient Kauri trees.
<<<<picture of Tane on left - very handsome fellow he is.

They are truly magnificent trees, with great presence, as are their surroundings.
One expects mythical creatures, and the elementals to be running free through this magical place (and yes - I did have some company of the above type with me too ;-)

Driving on into Opononi, a seaside settlement on the Hokianga harbour, made famous in the mid 50's for its  beautiful dolphin that used to reside there, aptly named Opo. A beautiful place to be - shame I was cruising through and not stopping, although it would have been hard to find anywhere to park as it was so busy. Another 'must see' if you are ever up that way - even have a Copthorne Hotel to stay in.....very posh! ;-)

Onwards and across to the Bay of Islands and into KeriKeri to stay with family.
We ended up down by the water front, right next to the historical Stone Store & Kemp house - opening up an energy line there, and an energy portal which instantly starting pulsing out in a beautiful large spiral, encompassing the  area like invisible waves. What a privilege it was to be asked to do this. I was trying to look 'normal', sitting on the bank with my sunglasses on and straw sun hat, pretending to be like a tourist and sitting in awe of the view - with my wooden walking staff of course. Not sure that I quite pulled it off though, as my staff seemed to attract more than a casual glance - or maybe it was just me. Perhaps I wasn't 'touristy' looking enough?

Anyway - I rewarded myself with a lovely mocha chino on the waterfront cafe - sitting in the breeze and in the shade, to just marvel the beautiful sights.

We really do live in Godzone -  a wonderful paradise that we should never take for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment